Charles A. Bruen, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Critical Care Medicine, Emergency Medicine
I am dedicated to the care of the most seriously ill and injured patients. With a background in critical care medicine and emergency medicine, patients are always my highest concern - from the moment they arrive in the emergency department, through their time in the intensive care unit, and on their way to recovery. At every step I work to bring all the medical knowledge, expertise and tools available for the patient's benefit, including their immediate physical needs, recovery, emotional well-being and long-term health.
My special interests include cardiovascular critical care, resuscitation, acute coronary syndrome, cardiac arrest, extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), ultrasound and airway management.
At home I am devoted to being husband to my wife and superhero to my son.
I am a member of the following professional associations:
* Society for Critical Care Medicine (SCCM)
* American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP)
* Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ELSO)
- Medical School: UT Southwestern Medical Center 2008
- Residency in Internal Medicine/Emergency Medicine: Hennepin County Medical Center 2013
- Fellowship in Critical Care Medicine: Hennepin County Medical Center 2015
- Fellowship in Emergency Cardiology: Hennepin County Medical Center 2015
- Certification: Am Bd of Emergency Medicine
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine