Yan Ji, MD
- Practicing Specialty: Oncology & Hematology
- Secondary Language: Mandarin Chinese
From an early age, I wanted to go to medical school and become a doctor to help others who were facing serious health issues. During medical school as I began to understand the complexity of medicine, the science behind all the advances being made in oncology fascinated me. Hematology and oncology is the perfect specialty for both my personal and career interests. It makes me happy every day that I am able to help patients and their families.
I understand that every patient is unique, and I always strive to provide care that is tailored to each individual's needs. My aim is to achieve the most benefit possible. The best treatment plans are not just based on textbooks but also incorporate each patient's goals.
My special interests include solid tumors and lung, breast and gastrointestinal cancers. Many years of cancer research in these areas have deepened my understanding of underlying mechanism that translate to the best treatment for patients.
When I'm not working, I spend a lot of my free time with my two kids. We enjoy a variety of activities, including hiking and watching movies. During my quiet time, I enjoy reading and yoga.
I am a member of the following professional associations:
* American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
* American Society of Hematology (ASH)
* International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC)
* American College of Physicians (ACP)
* M.S. - Fudan University, Medical School, Shanghai, China (2002)
* Ph.D. - University of Wisconsin-Madison, Medical School (2008)
* Postdoctoral appointments - Mayo Clinic (2009 - 2010)
- Medical School: Tongji Medical University- China 1997
- Residency in Internal Medicine: Union Memorial Hospital 2013
- Fellowship in Oncology & Hematology: University of Minnesota 2016
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Hematology
- Certification: Am Bd of Internal Medicine-Medical Oncology