Bandages can be a strip of cloth or other material used to cover a wound or protect an injured part. Bandages are used to keep burn dressings in place and to cover any medicine or creams that have been put on a burn wound. Common bandages for burns include:
- Kerlix dressings
- This is a white gauze dressing.
- Elastic wrap bandages
- Its common name is Ace wrap. This bandage provides pressure and vascular suppport.
- Flexnet dressings
- It’s an elastic open weave dressing.
- Cotton batting
- Used to pad and protect an area.
- Exudry dressings
- It’s an absorbent padded dressing; comes in shapes to fit different areas of the body.
- Kling dressings
- This is an open weave dressing.
- Soft kling dressings
- A small, soft, stretchy wrap often used to cover burns on fingers.