Capitol View Transitional Care Center
Your recovery starts here.
Intensive rehabilitation to get you home
Capitol View Transitional Care Center specializes in intensive, short-term rehabilitation. You’ll come to Capitol View after a hospital stay when you need inpatient therapy and nursing care before transitioning back to your home or community. We’ll partner with you and your family to create a personalized care plan that will help you live as independently as possible.
Capitol View is part of the HealthPartners family of care. It’s located in Regions Hospital, but is a separate nonprofit organization.
Why choose Capitol View?
You’ll receive a more comprehensive level of care than at other transitional care or skilled nursing facilities. As a patient you’ll experience these benefits:
- Only 7 percent of patients return to the hospital unplanned. Similar care facilities have a 27 percent readmission rate.
- Our patient satisfaction score is 97 percent. Many patients return if they need transitional care for another illness, injury or procedure.
You’ll get access to the resources you need, when you need them. Including:
- An onsite HealthPartners doctor and nurse practitioner team five days a week
- Physical and occupational therapy seven days a week
- Advanced, specialized care, if you need it (Regions is a Level 1 Trauma Center, which means we treat the most complex conditions)
- A high staff-to-patient ratio (three to four times higher than the average skilled nursing facility)
- Care for patients 18 years of age and up
- Access to Regions Hospital café, chapel, gift shop and other amenities
- Free WiFi and parking
- Private rooms, for an additional charge
We accept patients from all hospitals, clinics and homes.
What you can expect
You may have intensive physical, occupational and speech therapy two to three hours a day, up to seven days a week, depending on your needs. Most patients stay with us for about two weeks.
You’ll be treated by a team, including registered nurses, social workers, dieticians, and occupational, physical and speech therapists. They’ll help you prepare to go home and be self-sufficient.
Once you’re home, it’s our goal to help you stay there. We’ll set up any home health care or outpatient therapy you may need to continue your recovery and maximize your independence.
Compare your options
See how Capitol View compares to other transitional care centers. Use the Medicare.gov nursing home compare tool.
Work at Capitol View
Be a part of a close-knit, collaborative team that puts patients first.
Our world-class orthopaedic surgeons are skilled in everything from total joint replacements to complex surgeries for bone and muscle injuries.
From comprehensive stroke care to brain and spine surgery, our experienced team of neurologists, neurosurgeons and other specialists work together to get you well.
Level 1 Adult Trauma
Get care for the most critical injuries in our state-of-the-art trauma center.
Schedule a tour
Call us at 651-254-0400.
Call us at 651-254-0400.
Visitors of Capitol View patients get free parking in the west ramp. Parking information and hospital map
Your gift helps us buy new and upgraded equipment and provide free care services not covered by insurance. Regions Hospital Foundation manages all charitable gifts supporting Capitol View. Please designate Capitol View Transitional Care Center when making your gift.
You can also donate by mail:Capitol View Transitional Care Center
c/o Regions Hospital Foundation
640 Jackson Street
St. Paul, MN 55101