Top cardiology care to get you back to your best life
You want top care for your heart. Choosing the right cardiology hospital or heart clinic can seem like a big decision, but at Regions you know you have experts by your side. You get personalized cardiac care plans with everything from simple tests to complex surgery.
Once you’re on the way to recovery, our cardiac rehabilitation and prevention programs help make sure you stay well and avoid future heart problems.
Meet your care team
Your care team might include a cardiologist, heart surgeon, electrophysiologist, physician’s assistant and/or nurse practitioner. They’ll put you at ease, and work together to give you the best level of care.
Our comprehensive, cutting-edge care programs and treatments include:
Screenings, tests, procedures and programs
- Preventive health screenings
- Echocardiograms, cardiac imaging, like CT scanning, MRI, and nuclear imaging
- Assessments and diagnostic testing
- Programs for heart failure and hypertension
- Women’s heart health
- Cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation
- Electrophysiology procedures, like catheter ablation and implantable devices, for controlling irregular heartbeat
- Coronary artery disease/bypass
- Valve repair/replacements
- Aortic aneurysm disease/surgery
- Adult congenital heart surgery
- Minimally invasive valve replacement
- Catheter-based valve replacement, such as TAVR (transcatheter aortic valve replacement)
If you need surgery
Sometimes, surgery is the best way to get you feeling good again. We’ll guide you every step of the way. You’ll meet with your surgeon ahead of time. And the day before surgery, you’ll have a pre-op education session.
A nurse will walk through everything you can expect the day of your surgery. You’ll see what the pre-op area looks like, find out what to expect during recovery and have a chance to ask questions. You’ll also have your lab work done during this time. You’ll walk away ready to face your surgery with confidence.
Hear success stories from Regions patients
When Peggy started experiencing low energy and shortness of breath, she went to Regions. After a successful open-heart surgery, she’s back to herself and feeling better than ever.
Born with a congenital heart defect, Jamal has dealt with heart issues his whole life. When the time came for another surgery, he was glad he chose Regions.
A husband and father of two young children, Al was blindsided when he had a cardiac arrest. Hear how Regions got him back to good health.
What you can expect
Most care starts with meeting a cardiologist, physician assistant or nurse practitioner. They’ll take the lead on your care and coordinate with other doctors and specialists you may see. Everyone will know your story and will work together to create the right care plan for you.
Your care plan may include testing, medication, monitoring, a minor procedure or surgery.
Advanced procedures and research
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) offers a less invasive option for patients who are too frail for other types of heart surgery.
You’ll be in good hands with our excellent team if you need mitral-valve repair. Leading-edge technology identifies the reason for a mitral valve leak and how to repair or replace it.
Heart health assessment quiz
Calculate your risk for a heart attack or heart disease.
From stroke care to brain surgery, our experienced team of neurologists, neurosurgeons and other specialists work together to help you heal.
Your unique care needs change over time. Our doctors can help you stay well through every stage of life.
Develop a lasting care relationship. An internal medicine doctor oversees your general care and can refer you to specialists.
Make an appointment
Heart surgery scheduling: 651-254-4130
Heart surgery scheduling: 651-254-4130
How to get to Regions
Recognized as a leader in heart care
It’s not just our patients who rate us highly. Healthgrades® recognized Regions Hospital as among the top in the nation for heart care in 2018. Healthgrades is the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. Here’s a closer look at all of the heart care recognition from Healthgrades:
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Cardiology Services for 2 years in a row (2017-2018)
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Cardiology Services for 2 years in a row (2017-2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure for 7 years in a row (2012-2018)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Attack for 2 years in a row (2017-2018)
Named a Nation’s Top 100 Heart Hospital two years in a row by Thomson Reuters
Named one of the nation’s best cardiac care institutions by Leapfrog Group